Friday, April 12, 2013

Five for Friday and Spring Break

Boy, oh boy... This spring break has absolutely flown by. I can't believe we go back to school in a few days... Anyway, I'm linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for Five for Froday again this week.

fiveforfriday


1 - First up, we loved the Daily 5 workshop last weekend, and would recommend to anyone considering going. I can't wait to get my own classroom to implement some of the wonderful things I learned at this workshop. I have to say, The Sisters make you laugh and truly enjoy your experience at the conference.

2 - We haven't shared this with too many people, but after the conference we had some sad times in our house. We made the tough decision to put our 16 year old dog down on Monday. I never knew how attached I'd be, and truly how much she impacted our family. We miss her, but she's in a much better place now.

3 - I spent the week doing pretty much nothing, and it was excellent. I did finish my lesson plans for my solo week, and emailed my cooperating teacher and supervisor about lessons they'll be observing next week.

4 - I looked into applying for positions within my school district, but can't apply quite yet since I haven't graduated. This is probably a good thing since my résumé is nowhere near up to date or ready to submit for a job application. Does anyone have any suggestions for a first year teacher's résumé to help them get hired? Any help is appreciated!

5 - Last, but not least, I have decided to go in and reformat my Common Core Math Assessments. Currently, I have them posted for kindergarten, first grade, and third grade. I have been working on fourth grade, but have come to "writer's block" and can't seem to finish. I have gone back and reformatted with newly found fonts and graphics. I hope to repost the current common core math assessments this weekend and take down the old documents. Be on the lookout for an update when the assessments are updated!

-Sami

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your dog. They truly are a part of our families.

    I would suggest including your knowledge of technology and Common Core - those seem to be the things administrators look for.

    Good luck!
    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your dog. Dogs are such a wonderful part of a family.
    Gwen
    Learning With Mrs. Brinn

    ReplyDelete