Thursday, April 25, 2013

One More Day...

I can't believe that I only have one day left of student teaching. Now comes the stress of looking for a job. I'm hopeful, but also realistic that budget cuts may prevent me from finding a full time position for next year. I'm really hoping to be able to drop my resume off with some principals in the next few weeks before school lets out.

Alright, back to what I wanted to share.

First, I wanted to share the picture of my award that I received. I blogged about finding out that I was nominated and won the award a few weeks ago. I went to Louisville with my dad on Tuesday afternoon for the awards ceremony and snapped this picture on the way home.


Next, I uploaded a new document to TpT. A lot of people have been buying and liking our Turn Over Cards. I chose to make a set that has students convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions. I think these sets could be used in a fourth, fifth, or sixth grade classroom. Click the picture below to head over to the product page for more information.


Last, I wanted to share the small gifts I put together for my kiddos in my first grade class. I bought sidewalk chalk at the Dollar Tree and then put two pieces of chalk in each sandwich bag. I then attached this cute little poem that I found through Pinterest. Each child will receive one bag with the poem and two pieces of sidewalk chalk. {Click here to go to the post with the free poem download.} I also purchased some popsicles to enjoy during our outdoor recess tomorrow.


Here's to hoping I don't cry tomorrow!
-Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment